Saturday, September 17, 2011

About Me

Hi- I am a Kindergarten teacher at Fairfield Elementary School.  I have been a teacher for 18 years, and have really enjoyed my time spent with Fort Wayne Community Schools.

Before moving to Indiana in 2008, I taught Head Start, kindergarten, and first grade in Virginia Public Schools.  I received my degree from Longwood University in Elementary Education.

Prior to teaching with Fort Wayne Community Schools, I was a kindergarten teacher for Indianapolis Public Schools.  Although I enjoyed my time spent there, I moved to the Fort Wayne area in order to be closer to family.

I have one daughter who is 18 years old, and she is attending Ball State University.   Her name is Lauren.  My husbands's name is Christopher, and we enjoy traveling, working outside, and spending time with family.  I have a sister who lives in Columbia City, IN.  I enjoy spending time with her four children, my two nieces, Rebecca and Caroline, and two nephews, Matthew and Steven.

I love working with children, and look forward to a successful school year.

2 comments: