Saturday, October 1, 2011

Software applications

In kindergarten, we use E-Math videos in our lessons each day to prepare students for the upcoming lesson.  These are typically fun, cartoon-type clips, meant to engage and entertain kids.  We also have games that come with our reading series which can be used during station time.  Students also really enjoy the site, http://www.starfall.com/  This helps to reinforce letters and sounds. 

I would like to become more proficient at using Microsoft Office.  This would be very useful for writing parent newsletters.  I would also like to develop a blog website with pictures that would be more informative for parents.  I would need to make sure that I first had permission from parents to post pictures.

I plan to spend some time working on various ways to format a newsletter, and working on contacting parents to get permission to post children's pictures on a blog.  Feedback from parents two years ago indicated that parents wanted more information from the school.  I feel these goals would help meet the needs of our families better.

No comments:

Post a Comment